Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 21, 2011

McHumpback Whale

Here is what Fluke of the Camera Whale started as.

I was going to hold on to this and also to the next one that I will post with tomorrow's whale. But, I thought, 'Wasn't that cheating?'  'But it's my project!'  'I make the rules.'

So, instead of arguing with myself, I went in search of an answer from Noah Scalin himself--he is who inspired me to embark on this journey. Here is what he said when asked about cheating:

I thought, 'what am I learning from this project?'  I knew what I was learning from my mosaic project.  It didn't take long for me to come up with an answer.  This project forces me to find something--anything to create a whale.  I have a self-imposed deadline of midnight.  I scramble most days to meet my deadline and usually under an hour. I know I skipped a couple days early this week, but it has bothered me every day since because I did do this to make a whale every day, and not 365.

I was incredibly stressed early this week, but I think if I had forced myself to spend an hour creating a whale, it might have relieved, or transferred LOL, the stress for that hour.   So I am recommitting to A Whale-a-Day not to miss any days.

2 comments: